Name That Book
#NameThatBook is a twitter game I play with my followers. You should join us. It’s a ton of fun, and I’m not just saying that because it’s my game. I have one heck of a time hosting it, and everyone that plays loves it so much, they asked to play more often in 2012. And play we will!
When We Play:
The first Thursday of every “even” month (2 (Feb), 4 (April), 6 (June), etc), usually around 9PM EST
Where We Play:
On Twitter, duh.
How We Play:
- I tweet a picture of a book (interior page) and hashtag it with #namethatbook
- You @ reply with the book title AND author as quickly as possible (You do not have to use the hashtag)
- The first person to correctly respond wins the round. We play five rounds per month.
- One grand-prize winner is chosen from the pool of all monthly winners at the end of the year. Said winner will receive an ARC of the sequel to TAKEN! (It will ship internationally. I might even throw in some cool swag. Hooray!)
- Each month, the five round winners will qualify for TAKEN swag, so long as they email me post-game with their address. Same goes for the one random winner I’ll pull from anyone who uses the #namethatbook tag during the game!
- Spelling counts. You can’t botch the title or author’s name and still win the round. (Sorry, folks. It’s only fair!)
- You can only win once per month. (Some of you are so speedy you make it impossible for others to win. During any month, you can only win one of the five rounds, and even if you answer first later on, the runner-up will be considered the “winner” and earn the “winner” label for that round. But by all means, keep playing. Bragging rights are at stake!)
- If a book goes by multiple titles–Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone vs Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, for example–I will usually accept either title. (I’ll try to tweet reminders of this rule before tweeting photos that it applies to.)
- It’s a game. Have fun. Invite your friends. Play nice. :)